With Reforest'Action, finance the revitalization of this forest victim of a snowstorm !
The project at a glance
- Number of trees to be planted: 6,620
- Plantation area: 7.75 hectares
- Species planted: douglas fir, European larch, Atlas cedar, chestnut, sycamore maple
- Project type: reforestation after climatic hazards
- Planting season: March 2022
The origin of the project
In Auvergne Rhône-Alpes in the Puy-de-Dôme, this plot was originally planted exclusively with Douglas-fir. During the winter of 2020-2021, the young woodland suffered a very intense snowstorm, causing at least 70% of the plants to die. The project aims to restore the damage by introducing other species in order to enhance the biodiversity of the site and its landscape aspect. Softwood species will be introduced to the mature stand to diversify it by islands, while hardwood species will be introduced along the roadside.
Restored, the forest will be able to continue to provide a multitude of ecosystem services and participate in the fight against global warming thanks to the carbon storage by the trees.