Participate in the natural regeneration of this old coppice in Isère !
The project at a glance
- Number of trees to be financed: 2,805
- Area of the operation: 1.87 hectares
- Main species enhanced: sycamore maple, aspen, red willow, chestnut, oak, common beech, cherry, Douglas fir, Atlas cedar, black cherry and Bornmuller fir
- Project type: support for natural regeneration of the massif
- Regeneration season: January 2022
The origin of the project
This forest plot, showing signs of natural regeneration, needs to ensure its future by supporting the growth of its young plants. The challenge is to promote the natural regeneration of the stand, while diversifying it to make it more resistant and ensure its future.
2,805 trees are being silviculturally treated, thus promoting their growth in good conditions. This approach will diversify the composition of the stand, making it more resistant to climatic and biological hazards. Trimming will also be carried out. This technique will protect the stems that have the best chance of surviving, by harvesting the neighboring trees that could prevent their proper growth. This more gentle management will promote the development of a richer biodiversity, while preserving the soil. In addition, the restoration of this forest will allow to store carbon, thus participating in the fight against climate change. Once mature, the trees will also contribute to the sustainable production of timber.