With Reforest'Action, help revitalize this drought-stricken forest !
The project at a glance
- Number of trees to be planted: 5,100
- Plantation area: 4.68 hectares
- Species planted: Douglas fir, cedar, basswood, field maple
- Project type: reforestation after climatic hazards
- Planting season: March-April 2021
- Certification: PEFC
The origin of the project
This decaying forest in the Rhône has been severely weakened by several episodes of drought. It is therefore now necessary and urgent to reconstitute a healthy and diversified stand within these parcels, in order to ensure their future.
The 5,100 trees planted include a mix of species, which will make the stand more resistant to external hazards, while improving the surrounding landscape. This approach will also promote the development of a rich and varied biodiversity, which will attract honey insects. In addition, the restoration of this forest ecosystem will allow for carbon storage, thus contributing to the fight against climate change.