Reforest'Action and an owner from the Calvados department invite you to reforest this plot!
The project at a glance
- Number of trees to be planted: 3,861 trees
- Planting area: 3.2 hectares
- Main species planted: sessile oak, maple, chestnut and black alder
- Type of project: Reforestation of a plot degraded a disease
- Planting date: Fall 2019 - Spring 2020
This 3.2 ha plot was previously a forest of young ash trees. This area is classified as a historical heritage site because it is located on the estate of Château de Malou. Unfortunately, this forest has suffered successive attacks from a disease that has decimated young trees, requiring the use of planting to restore a healthy forest. This planting project will allow for ecological and landscape diversification through the planting of various species in an area covered by several hiking trails around the castle. The establishment of these species will enable the increase of great biodiversity. This mixture of species will also make the massif more resilient to diseases, insect pests and intensifying climatic hazards. It is also a way to store carbon and fight climate change.