Reforest'Action and the Yvelines Departmental Council invite you to participate in the reforestation of these plots!
The project at a glance
- Number of trees to be planted: 1,850
- Planting area: 6 hectares
- Main species planted: sessile oak, birch, Scots pine, beech, hornbeam
- Type of project: reforestation of declining plots
- Planting date: Fall 2019 - Spring 2020
Located in the Sainte-Apolline forest near Plaisir in the Yvelines department, these parcels cover 6 hectares. They have been cut many times to stimulate natural regeneration. However, after 4 years of waiting, the plots are now covered with brambles and ferns and are not developing into a forest ecosystem. The planting of various species will compensate for the lack of natural regeneration and will increase the natural continuous cover of the Sainte-Apolline forest. Both a refuge for biodiversity and a source of wood, these plots are planted with the objective of being managed sustainably. The diversity of species will also make the stand more resistant to biotic and climatic hazards.