With Reforest'Action, participate in the reforestation of this forest victim of a fire in New Aquitaine !
The project at a glance
- Number of trees to be planted: 28,750
- Plantation area: 38 hectares
- Species planted: maritime pine, pedunculate oak
- Project type: reforestation after climatic hazards
- Planting season: September 2021
- Certification: PEFC
The origin of the project
This former hunting park, which is being converted into a forest with biodiversity areas, was damaged by a forest fire in April 2017. Today, it need to be restored in order to secure its future.
In addition to restoring this degraded ecosystem, the 33,547 trees planted will provide a diverse forest. This will promote the development of a rich and varied biodiversity, encouraged by the presence of several water points. In addition, the trees planted will store carbon, thus contributing to the fight against climate change.