Participate in the creation of a Miyawaki forest in the town of Saint-Orens-de-Gameville!
The project at a glance
- Number of trees to be planted: 9,000
- Mini-forest area: 3,000 m2
- Species planted: blood dogwood, common hornbeam, blackthorn, privet, pedunculate oak, torminal tree, country maple, European charcoal, Saskatoon berry, dog rose, buckthorn, wild buckthorn, wild pear, small-leaved linden, burdock, narrow-leaved ash
- Project type: creation of an urban forest
- Plantation season: Winter 2020/2021
In France and in Europe, Reforest'Action participates in the development of greener, more sustainable and desirable cities by planting urban forests.
In collaboration with the town hall of Saint-Orens-de-Gameville, Reforest'Action proposes to participate in the birth of a mini forest. Inspired by the technique of the Japanese botanist, Akira Miyawaki, this forest will considerably improve the local environment. Indeed, with a total of sixteen local species, the reception of a very rich biodiversity will be allowed. The high density of planting will enable a truly impenetrable and self-sustaining forest massif to be obtained in just a few years.
Planting this area contributes to the birth of a carbon sink but also an island of freshness, a precious element in this urban environment.