Reforest'Action and an owner in the Doubs department invite you to participate to the reforestation of this forest plot!
The project at a glance
- Number of trees to be planted: 7,400
- Planting area: 6.22 hectares
- Species planted: Douglas fir, larch, sycamore maple
- Type of project: reforestation of an abandoned clearcut forest
- Planting date: Fall 2019 - Spring 2020
- Certification: PEFC
This plot of 6.22 ha corresponds to an old clearcut that took place about 20 years ago. The plot, abandoned by its first owner, was never replanted. It has gradually been colonized by a hazelnut coppice, which has very little biodiversity and value for the future. The new owner therefore wants to replant a dynamic forest.
This planting project will create a functional forest ecosystem with a diversity of species. Increasing this diversity will create a tremendous refuge for biodiversity. The trees of this future forest will be used to produce timber. These materials will be processed in local sawmills and will contribute to sustainable carbon storage.