With Reforest'Action, participate in the revitalization of this forest that has been heavily impacted by the wind !
The project at a glance
- Number of trees to be planted: 17,500
- Plantation area: 5.70 hectares
- Species planted: sessile oak, laricio pine, hybrid larch, maritime pine
- Project type: reforestation after climatic hazards
- Planting season: March 2022
The origin of the project
This decaying forest of the Bas-Rhin has many uprooted specimens. It is therefore necessary and urgent to reconstitute a healthy and diversified stand within these parcels, in order to ensure their future.
The 17,500 trees planted include a mix of species that will make the stand more resilient to external hazards and to the consequences of climate change. In addition, the diversity of the stand will encourage the development of a rich and varied biodiversity. Moreover, the restoration of this forest ecosystem will allow to store carbon, thus participating in the fight against climate change.