Take part in the reforestation of this insect-ravaged forest plot with Reforest'Action and its partner Forêt Évolution!
The project at a glance
- Number of trees to be planted: 12,080 trees
- Area of the plantation: 10 hectares
- Species planted: Scots pine, Douglas fir, hybrid larch, cedar
- Type of project: reforestation of a forest stand after insect attacks
- Planting date: Spring 2020
- Certification: PEFC
This plot of about ten hectares was only composed of Sitka spruces which were heavily affected by the bark beetle, a wood-eating beetle. The entire plot was affected and, in order to stop the spread of the insect, the owner decided to carry out this reforestation project. This planting project will help recreate a healthy forest ecosystem. The species chosen will resist bark beetle attacks and summer droughts, which are also threatening. In addition, this plantation will allow the introduction of four species that will replace the monospecific stand that has withered away. This stand will store carbon and produce wood.