Participate in the restoration of an abandoned farmland with Reforest'Action !
The project at a glance
- Number of trees to be planted: 18,250
- Plantation area: 6 hectares
- Species planted: sessile oak, chestnut, common beech, common hornbeam, sycamore maple
- Project type: planting of a neglected farmland
- Season of plantation: Winter 2021
The origin of the project
Following the failure of the first planting session, this old field located in Normandy (France) lost its environmental value. Following years of agricultural work, soils are now impoverished. In addition, water can’t infiltrate the soil because of the lack of vegetation and glides on the surface.
8250 trees are planted to recreate a forest ecosystem and reconstitute a healthier and more diversified stand, while extending the wooded continuity. The area’s biodiversity will be enriched through the integration of a mix of hardwood and the conservation of hedgerows. Furthermore, the trees planted will store carbon, thus contributing to the fight against climate change. Once mature, they will also participate to the sustainable production of timber.