Reforest this plot to help this forest cope with climate change and pest attack!
The project at a glance
- Number of trees to be planted: 4,240 trees
- Area of the plantation: 3.19 hectares
- Species planted: sessile oak, flat maple, country maple, wild pear tree
- Type of project: adaptation of forests to climate change and post-health crisis reforestation
- Planting season: winter 2019-2020
The pedunculate oak and ash recently dominated these two plots. Unfortunately, the high heat and successive droughts of the last few years have put an end to the natural regeneration of this species. A plantation is therefore necessary and it will be another variety of oak, the sessile oak that will be introduced here. Indeed this species tolerates much better than its predecessor the hydric stresses caused by the climatic changes we are undergoing. For the ash tree, it is hit hard (especially in the eastern and north-eastern part of France) by a parasitic fungus, chalarose, which causes a premature dieback of this species, affecting young trees in particular.