With Reforest'Action and Fransylva, participate in the reforestation of this forest plot in the Grand Est !
The project at a glance
- Number of trees to be planted: 30,000
- Plantation area: 15 hectares
- Species planted: sessile oak, cherry, black walnut, common pear
- Project type: reforestation of a neglected forest
- Planting season: Winter 2021
The origin of the project
This forest is mainly composed of hornbeam trees and shows no signs of natural regeneration. This stand is therefore threatened by the absence of younger trees that would help secure the stand’s future. For that reason, a planting project is conducted on the spot.
30,000 trees are planted on the several plots. With a variety of tree species, the forest will now be more resilient to climate change. This approach will also help maintain the forest cover, thereby encouraging the conservation and enrichment of the surrounding biodiversity. In addition, the trees planted will store carbon, thus contributing to the fight against climate change.