With Reforest'Action, participate in the restoration of this forest parcel following the 1999 storm !
The project at a glance
- Number of trees to be planted: 1,825
- Plantation area: 1.35 hectares
- Species planted: Douglas fir, European larch, chestnut
- Project type: reforestation after climatic hazards
- Planting season: Fall 2021
The origin of the project
Wrecked by the 1999 storm, particularly destructive to French forests, this forest located in the Allier department (France) then had to face the ZEUS storm in March 2017. Still heavily degraded, this massif now needs to be reforested in order to have a more serene future.
The 1,825 trees planted will help restore the stand and diversify the species that compose it. This approach will help enrich the local biodiversity and the ecosystem of these parcels. In addition, the trees planted will store carbon, thus contributing to the fight against climate change.