With Reforest'Action and Fransylva, participate in the reforestation of this forest in Nouvelle-Aquitaine!
The project at a glance
- Number of trees to be planted: 14,500
- Plantation area: 10 hectares
- Species planted: maritime pine, oak, Elliot pine, birch
- Project type: reforestation of a neglected forest
- Planting season: March 2021
This dying forest, located in the Vienne department, covers 10 hectares. Composed of chestnut coppice and a few damaged oaks, its environmental value was greatly reduced. This reforestation aims to introduce diverse species, in order for the stand to adapt to climate change. The landscape benefits of this approach will also be significant, as the plot is located within a large forest. The proximity of a pond and the diversity of the species planted will enhance the presence of the biodiversity within the massif. By capturing carbon, the planted trees will also contribute to the fight against global warming.