Take part in supporting the natural regeneration of this forest in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur !
The project at a glance
- Number of trees to be financed: 36,210
- Area of the operation: 24.14 hectares
- Main species enhanced: Scots pine, pubescent oak, umbrella pine, maritime pine, mountain ash, chestnut, aspen, cherry
- Project type: support for natural regeneration of the massif
- Regeneration season: 2022
The origin of the project
Within the Verdon Regional Nature Park, the Montmayon forest is currently predominantly coniferous. The new owner now wishes to implement a gentler silvicultural management, in order to keep the best possible harmony between the different functions of this stand.
36,210 young plants are assisted in their natural regeneration. To do this, trimming is carried out in order to protect the most promising stems, while leaving them room to flourish. Enclosures will also protect them from game, and access roads called "partitioning" will allow work to be done without disturbing the ecosystem too much. This continuous cover management model, combined with the increasing presence of hardwoods, will help enrich local biodiversity. In addition, the restoration of this forest will allow for the storage of carbon, thus contributing to the fight against climate change. Once mature, the trees will also contribute to the sustainable production of timber.